Sunday, October 5, 2008

Words to live by!

I watched part of General Conference today. It is a semi-annaul conference where the leaders of the church speak to us. Having children in the home and life, makes it difficult for me to watch all of it, added to the fact that we have to download it from the internet, but I have found that it seems to me, the talks that I do get to hear are definately the ones I need.

In particular today, there was a talk about how to respond to negativity in regards to who we are. It really was an answer to prayers.

My favorite though was by our prophet, Thomas Monson. I absolutely loved that he was speaking to young families about the importance of being present with our children. Loving the laundry and the toys all over the place, because not too long from now, we will miss them.

This isn't a new concept for me, but one that I needed to be reminded of.

1 comment: