Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thankful List

After reading a friends blog, I have decided to (finally) do a thankful list.

There are many many things in my life for which I am thankful, and I am sure that I will not mention them all here, but this is at least a start.

1. I am thankful for my husband. He is the most caring, compassionate, fun, loving man in the world. He loves me unconditionally, and supports me to be a better person. He definately fills in the gaps at home. He is always willing to help anybody in need and is the best dad in the world, just ask our kids. I am the most blessed woman on earth to have him and I feel so lucky that he feels the same about me.

2. My kids of course. I have four wonderful, loving children. Reiley is so kind and compassionate, always ready and willing to offer a helping hand. He has the most tender heart. Maira is such a nurturing soul. She is the one to call when you need a "mother hen". She is artistic, creative, and most of all, enthusiastic. She also has a very clear image of what is wrong and right (in her view at least). Arami is my snuggle bug. To quote her this morning at 4am, "Daddy, can I snuggle with you, I want to snuggle but Maira is asleep?" How do you say no to that? She is inquisitive and loving. She is one of the most engaging persons i have ever known. For such a small person, she has a huge spirit. Amira is the sweetest one year old in the world. She is always ready to give a hug and a kiss (just ask any baby smaller than her). She is funny and energetic. She loves to read and dance. I can't wait for her to talk, so that she can express herself even more. I love them all so much for different reasons and feel so blessed that I get to take care of them while they are here.

3. Adding on to the previous...I am thankful to not have to work outside of my home, and because of that I get to homeschool my kids. It is so gratifying to see the things that they are learning and to be such an integral part of that.

4. I am thankful to live in the most beautiful part of the world. Oak Harbor has the best of everything...nature, quant small town life, it is secluded yet close enough to big civilization.

5. I am thankful for my family and friends.

6. I am thankful for my body, and how it serves me. I am healthy, I can do whatever I want with it. I can taste, smell, see, hear, feel.

I really could go on and on, and maybe at some point, I will continue with more things, but I feel like, just as the original post by my friend stated, this is the season we should be paying more time and attention being grateful for what we have instead of being wistful for what we don't.

1 comment:

KellyAnne said...

THis is a cool post. You have such a great family.
I haven't been in touch with you very well lately. Sorry you've all been sick. Your pictures are so awesome! I love em!