Today my sister-on-law is having a root canal, and yes, she is very excited about it. Needless to say Travis, my 8 year old nephew and Marcus, my 4 year old nephew, came over to play so she could enjoy her time in the dentists chair. While sitting at the table eating lunch, the kids are all talking about how old they are going to be in the next segment of "pretend", and as a result, they were doing some math. (SHOUT OUT to homeschooling) Maira was going to be 17 and Reiley was going to be 19, then of course they were saying that in real life that would occur in 10 years and I would then be 43.
Travis looked at me and said "How old are you?"
I said "33"
Travis "Wow, I didn't think you were 33"
Me "how old did you think I was?"
Travis "At least as old as my mom, she is 40. I can't believe you are younger than she is!"
Me "Do I look 40?"
Travis "Yep!"
Then, the conversation was ripped from me and moved onto grapes and pizza!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When your 40 you'll still be hot!
funny, because I remember when you were in your 20´s are got carded to see R rated movies
That's hilarious! Don't you love when you get a glimpse of yourself in the eyes of a child!
Post a Comment