Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Don't fall over!


I know it has been like fifty years since I have REALLY blogged, but all for good reason.


Dave and I decided to stimulate the economy and purchase a home. It has been a whirlwind month and a half. This is how it went....


I came home the week before Christmas, the day of the big snow, from spending some time down at my mom's house. David came home from work and knowing that a huge stomr was headed our way the conversation commenced.


Dave: How do you feel about maybe using the fireplace, you know, in case we lose power? (we haven't ever used it)


Stacie: Hmmm, I think we should look into buying a house.


Dave: What!!


Stacie: Yeah, let's check it out.


Dave: OK


So, I made a call to a friend in the area who is a realtor and asked her to recommend a mortgage broker. We scheduled an appointment for two days later...and the rest as they say is history.


We found a house we both loved at first sight. It was right around the corner from where we lived, so we didn't have to move far. It is large enough for us to live in with all our kids forever (even if we have more) and not too large that we will want to move, at least until we are too old to want to tackle the stairs anymore.
Anyways...I hope that explains my lack of posting. We are done moving out of the other house now, and close enough to moving in the new one, so I should be blogging more now.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Welcome back to blogging. I am so excited for you to be in your house! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! welcome back. Your house is beautiful. Congrats.

Becky Jensen said...

I love your new house! the only thing that could have made it better where if it where in my neighborhood!! :)

John M. Green said...

I loved your Puyallup home. I loved your old Oak Harbor home. I love your new Oak Harbor home. Why, you might ask? Because you and your's are there. The exterior is beautiful. With all you guys inside I bet the interior is fantastic...I feel the love. Tug in my heart just typing this. Love you guys. Specially that shiny headed fella.

Place Family said...

Great picture with all the snow. I am really glad you all are moved in. Congratulations!