My father's wife, my bonus mom (I hate "step" mom). She passed away on Sunday, 2 minutes after I walked into the room to say goodbye to her. Thanks for waiting for me Phyllis.
She was a very kind, giving big hearted woman, who loved her grandchildren to death. Her death came as a surprise, definately unexpected. She would have been 59 on the 18th had she made it three more days.
She had pneumonia (sp?) and after choking, aspirated on food, she then stopped breathing, and ultimately it was the major stroke that did it.
I am so grateful for all that I know about God's plan, the peace it brings to those of us who loved her andknow that we will see her again soon.
We will all miss you!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss. please let us know if you need anything!
Sorry to hear that! We love you and let us know if we can help in any way
I am so sorry. Let us know if you need anything.
How are you doing? You never called me back, but I know that you have been super busy. I really like the idea of "bonus" mom. I think I will start to use that for myself with Donovan.
Oh, Stace. I feel like a bad friend to be just reading this now. I'm sorry honey. I love you. What's going to happen with your dad?
John Murle Green, husband of Phyllis. Phyllis not only loved her grandchildren to death she loved my children, even the one she had a big fight with, she felt bad about what she said afterwards. Anyway...that's the past...here in the present we've had memorial services in Utah and Arkansas and will bury her ashes tomorrow, Sunday, 15 March 2009, one month after her death, wow...just realized that that is Stacie's birthday too...I knew that...but didn't put the two together until now. Another coincidence. So many of them...11 or 12 now. I miss my baby...her smile, laugh, the way she touched my back, her comforting words when I was not well. What do you do when you loose a perfect companion?
Post a Comment