ok, really now, what is the deal with feet. Dave and I were relaxing this evening and he pointed out his toes...they have a ridge for lack of a better word. Then he recalled a memory from childhood, where he thought the "ridges" in his mothers feet were so weird. Which then got me thinking about my mom's feet. Let me start by saying "I LOVE YOU MOM". Now...when I was a young, naive, innocent, perfect skinned child, I remember seeing my mom's feet and thinking "WOW, those are ugly, I mean, the heals are dry and wrinkly, and the toenails are kinda smooshed looking". I remember saying to myself that I would never have feet that looked so...old.
Fast forward, oh I don't know, 25 years or so, and I look down at my feet. WOW, they are OLD. Not too long ago, I took a good look at my dear mother's feet, and wouldn't you know it, they actually look really GOOD compared to mine. WHAT!!!
How does that happen?
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I always have dry cracked heals because I wear a lot of sandals and go bare foot a lot. Then I bought one of the ped eggs you see on tv, I believe Wal-mart also sells them. It is great and I use it all the time. It smoothes them out. Cheap investment for great looking heals. I would love to get pedicures weekly, but that takes time and a lot of money!!! Plus you have to find a safe, clean one to boot. Nice to know it is just not me.
As soon as I stop laughing. . . . . . . . . . Yes, I know I have ugly feet - and the toes are really the worst - just like my dads - but they are mine - and it looks like they are yours too!!! Welcome to my feet!!!! (and love them, the get me to where I need to go- ha ha.)
I use to have cracked heals too, then I started putting a thick cream on them and then socks in the morning. In the Summer you will see me wearing socks with my sandals in the morning around the house.
That is hilarious! Let me just say amen-- I can totally relate to that!
hehe! I too have ugly feet. My heals feel like sandpaper, and my right foot has these lovely scars from my surgery.
I use a file in the shower. Recently though mine got so bad that I saw my doc. He gave me a prescription lotion. Putting on extra emollient night cream from MK at night with socks works well too.
Our problem though is our ugly toes and nails!!
Oh man this is hilarious because my Mom and I were talking about feet last night! I HATE adult feet - they disgust me pretty much. But kid feet are so blasted cute I love taking pictures of them...funny!
Post a Comment