Friday, July 31, 2009

Actual Conversation...days ago

I was working in the BIG garden at the Jensens' house the day after announcing to my children that they were going to have a new sibling. Arami was standing at the end of the row talking to Katie, a relative of the Jensens who is barely 5.

Arami - My mom is gonna get pregnant soon.
Me - Actually Ara, I am pregnant now.
Arami - No..I mean that you are going to have a baby in your tummy.
Me - I know baby, There is a baby in there now.
Arami - NOW!!!!
Me - Yep

(she then walks over to me, while her friend Katy watches, and starts to professionally feel around my tummy looking for feet.)

Me - Arami, that baby is way too small for us to be able to feel yet, we have to wai a little longer.
Arami - Well, Sister Lays' baby's feet are over here.
Me - Cool.

(Arami then walks away, and Katy comes over to start her conversation)

Katy - So...you probaby have to go to the doctor now to get cut.
Me - I don't think so.
Katy - Well, how is the baby going to get out.
Me - Well, some babies come out a different way than being cut out.
Katy - HOW?
Me - (pensively thinking....)well, they come out of the birth canal.
Katy - Ohhhhh...the birth canal. Do snails have a birth canal?
Me - hmm, I don't think so.
Katy - Oh...Now I know why you are so fat, it is because you are pregnant.
Me - (laughing)
Katy - So...when you have the baby you aren't going to be fat anymore.
Me - I don't think it will work like that for me.

Katy then went on to explain to me that in order to lose weight, I needed a special drink mix, and a special blender that makes loud noises.

Sounds remeniscant of a conversation I had a couple of years ago with Maira trying to convince me of a special juicer and how it would save my life!

5 comments:

Becky Jensen said...

that is great! kids are so funny about lifes little quirks!

Nerell said...

Too Funny!!!!

Ivalo said...

lol - it is great that you wrote that down. Otherwise you forget it!

Chivaun-o-rama said...

First of all can I just say...AWKWARD! You take things in stride...I wouldn't have been so cool.. ;)

Joshua Green said...

oh, so all of these years ive just been pregnant and didnt know it. that explains everything. remind me to make an appt so as to get cut and move on with my career as a calvin klein underwear model.