I figure since this is a good outlet for me...I love to type, and this gives me an attempt at spoken (written) creativity, I am going to write about people and or things that I am currently thinking about.
Joan is in Mexico right now and I miss her terribly. I have tried numerous times over the past week to call her, one time the call went through and I spoke briefly to her mother-in-law, who I know personally, and the other, the connection was so bad that I told her I would call right back, and of course I didn't get a connection. (Joan, this part was meant for you so you know that I am still trying and not being a total lame-o).
Joan is exactly one month shy of two years younger than me and probably the most similar to me. Granted she is a smidge more synical. She also has the great blessing (I think it is anyway) of being able to cry, loudly, sobbing even. It is such a great outlet for our bodies and minds, and I wish that I was able to do it more freely.
I have some great memories with Joan, including in the Hurricane, sitting for hours eating fried goodness and other such things. Partying with all the exchange students, whether at Lake Washington swimming or at the Space Needle on New Years, or at our home for a birthday.
Joan has two great children, Balthezar and Edith, who have at times in their lives been best friends with my children, but we live far away and school friends change things as well as the whole boy/girl thing.
I know that I am rambling, probably incoherently, but I want to tell the world (or at least those who read this) and most particularly Joan, that I admire, love and respect her and can't wait for her return so that we can talk regularly again and see each other.
I love you JOAN!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love you too. I can´t believe how fast the summer has gone by. I will be home in only 11 days!!
Post a Comment