

I have sadly lost my Prius virginity. My first experience was last summer when I was a passenger tooling around town with a co-worker. However I kind of look at that as since I wasn't driving then it was OK and I could still hold my head up high. However 2 weeks ago I found myself needing to make a site visit on official business and the Prius was the ONLY car available (Hmmm.... all the gas guzzers were checked out...... there might be more to that story) So anyway I was forced by lack of options to drive the Prius.
1st Impression..... Its Ugly. Seats are comfortable enough. Steering wheel feels good. Visibilty Stinks. I couldn't figure out how to start it. Controls are funky, to futuristic, and not very logical. Not to mention its Ugly....
I have come to a point in my existince and since I have now had my initiation to the Prius club.... I have decided to embrace the technology and the ugly car. I will not shy away from it. It will be my first choice if I need to use a vehicle at work. I will drive it as much as possible. I will put it to the test...... I wanna see how often I can make the engine run vs running on batteries. I wanna see how Low I can get the Average Miles Per Gallon.
After all its been a brutal winter for me... Cold, Rainy, Snowy, and just seemed like it would never end. And since its starting to finally get warm and bearable outside I need to make sure that global warming hangs around a while.
5 comments:
Noooooooooooo! hahaha
We had a Prius and LOVED it! However, we found a few of it's features hard to live with, like the quietness of the engine in parking lots (can be dangerous to pedestrians since they don't hear you and don't know they should stop walking in the middle of the road) and the annoying beep when reversing! I hope you'll at least try to get use to it and then I'm sure you'll discover its coolness like we did!
And this is coming from a grown man who drives a miniature car!
If you drive the Prius during the day, then you can BBQ or mow your lawn without guilt that night.
Guilt? Whats that?
you really don't believe in global warming???? wow.
Post a Comment