Before Amira was born, we decided to cloth diaper her. For the first year of her life, we used Prefolds, which are the large rectangle cloths that our mothers used to used. I felt good everytime I used them...putting them on her, taking them off, washing them, haning them on the line outside, folding them afterwards...I know, it sounds a little cooky, but I really did enjoy all aspects. Then she turned one, and really started to eat real food (not that breast milk isn't real food, you know what I mean) and I lost all interest.
Fast forward six months, and the desire to do it again has been overwhelming, but not enough to want to pull down the rectangles, and covers. So, I started some research via the internet and friends who use! I discovered pocket diapers (well, actually somebody else did, and I just copied their advise) and took the plunge and made the order. One of the requirements was to get a special diaper sprayer though, so that no "toilet dunking" would be in order. THEY CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY and I am so excited.
Amira is wearing the cute pink one (post washing of course). She likes the velcro, I can see that being a potential problem, but for now, let's hope she doesn't figure out the snaps on her onesies for awhile.
I actually installed the diaper sprayer myself, it was pretty simple. After I was done, I invited Dave in to check it out. He was thouroughly impressed with the amount of money some people are making off of us hippie moms buying fancy sink sprayers. I digress...I said to him, "let me show you how to use it." To which he responded "I don't need any help, I know how it works." as he pushed the sprayer and shot his face and the ceiling.
THE END
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Water marks on the ceiling!! How fun. Yes, those hippies are making big bucks on you earth sensitive mothers - hey, it works well for everyone - especially the planet (and the pocket book). Good going Stacie. Now you can plan your next trip to Cancun - or Renton.
did you go for the Bum Genius? i LOVE them!! i get the same happy feeling when i am cleaning, and sorting my diapers! i don't have a sprayer, but maybe i could try yours out sometime and see if i need one!
Scott and I have considered doing the cloth diapers. Now that I think about it the dog won't go through the trash looking for the poopy ones and hiding them under my desk anymore! I'll have to bring it up to scott once more. We have 2 months to decide!!!
Post a Comment