Sunday, July 27, 2008

Out door dryer


I read somewhere recently that it costs about 75cents to run your dryer. OUCH! Well, that seems like a high price to pay, especially when using our bright yellow sun is perfectly free! So, why am I mentioning this, well, I really truly am a hippie with highlights, and have wanted to get a clothesline to help with the environment, we are totally going to do this now that I see how much we can save! This is the one that I want and am lobbying the hubby for!

8 comments:

Becky Jensen said...

hey, thats funny i just talked to mike about getting one. they are the cheapest at ikea or i found a few on craigs list! funny... great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

That's really interesting. I've never even thought about it. Does it spin around?

Tara said...

Okay, I've been thinking about doing it too! I love the smell of line-dryed clothes, but am worried about two things - time and the sunbleaching of the clothes. I love that I can get five or six loads done a day, and I don't really like the thought of doing only one a day because I have to wait for the sun. What I am I thinking, are you taking into consideration that we live in Washington? Do we see the sun enough for line-drying to work? Tell me how it goes.

Chivaun-o-rama said...

A couple summers ago, I got my mom a clothes like just like the one you wanted...The cool thing about living on an island, is we have the double advantage of Sun, and the Breeze that is always present...So...I hope it works out for you, and you find it delightful and good smelling...

Tho', I would use in the wash fabric softener.... just from experience. ;)

Sarah said...

how did I not know about this cute little blog of yours? Well, I've added you now - hope thats alright. And I gotta say - not to be a hater of course but how would that work with all of our lovely rain, or are you thinking just summer months? Fill me in here lady!

Ivalo said...

When I lived in greenland, we didnt have a dryer, but we put up the rack for drying inside the house.

John M. Green said...

My blog! Will add pictures anothe r time. http://journals.aol.com/johng3711/jerubbaals-desire/

Nerell said...

In Australia this is the main source of clothes drying. When my folks visit me, my mum puts a piece of line out and hangs her clothes out. She refuses to use the dryer. She loves the smell of fresh clothes. I have adapted to using the dryer.... Way faster for me. I remember hanging the clothes out as a kid!!!!! Let me know how is works for you