Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Power of Marketing


Let me start by saying that the only TV the kids watch in our home is PBS and it isn't watched often, even during the summer!


Beware what your kids watch, because they are the ones that these infomercials are talking to. Maira is absolutely convinced that we can not live without the Shark (you know that vacuum that can climb mountains and solve the worlds conflict).


Today she came to me with a note page, yes, a full page of notes that she took whilst watching an infomercial on the Power Juice Deluxe, by Jack LaLanne. I really can honestly say, that I have no idea where or when she has seen this, must be at Grandma's house.


This is what she wrote down...


"Power Juice Deluxe" 1-800-971-8417 Costs only $49.90


It helps save your life and you can put whole fruit in it and whole vegetables. It can make you healthy and skinny. When you are old, it can help you do stuff that you could do when you were young. It can also help you make muffins and zuchini bread (if you use zuchinis) and banana bread.

5 comments:

Tara said...

The power of proaganda. Where can I get one of those?

kath said...

I find this so cute and I can just picture her taking notes. Except the part about making you skinny - Liam's obsessing over that "value" now too and it just makes me sad that I have to talk to him about it.

I guess it's just like the conversations we had when he was really little and pointing out different ethnicities, my approach has been really simple and say "people come in all shapes and sizes" just like it was when I said "people come in all kinds of colors."

But still.

kath said...

Soooo, ANTM = America's Next Top Model, embarassingly enough. :)

Sarah said...

OK that is hilarious and I must have one IMMEDIATELY! I'd pay 49.99 for the skinny part alone!

KellyAnne said...

Wow, that's pretty hilarious!