Friday, September 26, 2008

More Please!

I have used basic sign language with all of my babies. It is a testament for anybody who doesn't think that babines are smart, to see them express plainly what they want and need before they have the physical ability to speak. It has been a life saver for me several times.

Anyways, I don't do anything major, just the basics, you know, more, water, change me, please, thanks et cetera. With Maira I started when she was about 14 months old and she picked it up super quickly. I don't really remember with Arami, but I know that it happened.

Well, I have been using some signs for a few months now with Amira (11 months today), just to get her used to seeing them, and on last Saturday, she started to sign. All we have really gotten from her is More, and that is just for ice cream, but it is a start.

Let's just say that she is her father's daughter, sweet tooth and all!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I am so glad I've signed with both Fran and Noah! I'm always excited to see others sign with their babies too.

KellyAnne said...

"More" is about the cutest sign ever! She sure is an adorable baby.