Sunday, May 10, 2009

MAIRA


Maira went on her BIG girl scout outing this weekend and spent the night at the Pacific Science Center. Her troop leader's daughter is also in the troop. She recently had major knee surgery, so is a little hobbly. I just opened my email and this is what I received from her leader.



" Can I tell you what an absolute delight your daughter is. I just love her. She was so sweet and caring and decided she wanted to be Elisabeth's buddy for the camp-in adventure. She was so thoughtful and always jumping in to help her on her crutches, go to the bathroom, get her snacks, help her get out of her chair and up off the ground, carry things, etc. She didn't even think twice about it. It's rare to see such truly unselfish acts of sincere caring. Give her another big hug from me."



What a treat to hear on mother' day.

3 comments:

Larkann said...

That brought a tear to my eyes. Yes, at 8 years old, that is a rare quality - and I see that in Maira all the time. She is such a jewell. You have every reason to be proud of her and the mommy who is raising her.

Larkann said...

(and daddy) - You two make a wonderful team!!

Genevieve said...

Wow! How much she has turned into a wonderful young woman! Geez, I wish I was there to see her grow up!